Maintaining a CovidSafe workplace
Stage 4 restrictions now apply to Metropolitan Melbourne encouraging businesses to work from home. Only permitted workplaces can now operate on-site provided they comply with the strict requirements, including the implementation of a COVIDSafe Plan.
COVIDSafe Plan for employers
This document need not be complicated. As a minimum it must set out the following:
- The process you have in place to keep records of all workers or visitors who attend the work premises
- Your actions to mitigate the introduction of COVID-19 in your workplace
- The level of personal protective equipment (PPE) required for your workforce
- How you will prepare for, and respond to, a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in your workplace, taking into account your obligations under the Workplace Directions
- An acknowledgement that you understand your obligations under the Workplace Directions.
COVIDSafe Plan updates
You must keep your COVIDSafe plan updated and relevant to any announced changes.
Do I need to register my COVIDSafe Plan?
There is no requirement to register the COVIDSafe Plan, however you will need to provide the same upon request from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) or Worksafe in the event of a confirmed positive case at your workplace. There may also be random business spot checks for COVIDSafe Plans.
Template for COVIDSafe Plan
You can download a COVIDSafe Template here
If your business is in high risk industry (construction, warehousing and distribution, supermarket and medical distribution centres) then you will need to prepare an additional High Risk CovidSafe Plan. More information regarding these Plans is available here
For more information, feel free to contact our office on (03) 9696 0883.